The term ‘understanding’ is an important element in the philosophy of Dr. Ronald E. Chavers. Understanding “begriff” (German for understanding) means:
- Understanding is that what is concrete, or the effort around a situation or change
- Understanding is something that is understandable in your mind and feelings, that what you are able to process, or what is relatable from your own experiences
- Understanding is the motive to(for) science.
- Understanding is testable
- To understand, is to be able to reflect any situation and to learn from it and prevent
- habits and learn to deal with changes
- To understand your own experiences and thoughts one needs his or her owns sensory and sensibility skills:
“The dialectic between sensibility and sensory activity on the one hand, and collective, unconscious activity on the other, is the key to understanding social ideology and socio-political or socio-economic development in isolation from the specific superstructural elements which determine change and its dynamics. This, in turn, involves one in a thorough investigation of myths, ritual’s and folklore and their relationship to and influence upon the development of a
specific culture and a specific civilization process. The imminent conflict between culture as a superstructure and civilization as infrastructure is the basis of the ‘estrangement’ or ‘alienation” which gives rise to so-called ‘mental illness’ or ‘schizophrenia’.
Quote from ‘Community for Development-History’ 1978
Dr. Ronald E. Chavers didn’t limit his studies to European philosophy and logics, but he made relations to North-African, Egyptian, Chinese, other Asian and Native American developments in philosophy, mathematics and logics. He was fully convinced that the knowledge we have today is based on old history and ancient cultures, long before the Greeks as we teach in history.
Some of his thoughts (Dewey, Vygotsky, Kant, Hume, Descartes, Kroeber, Wittgenstein) quotes of philosophers, link:
- The human race is curious, curious for knowledge and always has been throughout the
- Everyone should have the chance to develop their own creativity and skills, but they need the tools to be able to understand and learn how to develop creative and innovative changes.
- One needs insights and understanding of how changes have developed throughout history. It is not about knowing all the happenings, but learning to see structures, models, meanings and patterns.
- All words in our languages have a history and every word develops a meaning through the words in a sentence. This also concerns symbols. These words and symbols develop in a society which changes during time. Knowing this increases understanding and increases your ability to deal with logic.
- Modern society has lost understanding of processes in nature as well as our own nature, partly due to losing the history of words, meanings, symbols and patterns.
Use this information for your own study, whatever that may be, to understand or
develop yourself. This is what he wanted and did; sharing knowledge and having dialogs about it